Banana Hut

Journeys and rambles in Japan.

5.14.2007

New Computer! (and some tangents)

I bought a new computer yesterday! It cost about $850, $720 of which come from savings from my part-time job. I feel really good about having actually purchased something substantial (almost entirely) with my own money. Especially because it was my own fault that my last computer is decrepit. Look mom, I'm responsible!

I also bought a couple Nintendo DS games on Junko's behalf. She's been spending way too much time playing Mario, the lazy kid. I, on the other hand, managed to spend the weekend (and, who am I kidding, most of the week) at bars, house parties (a rare event in homestay-ridden Japan) and travelling to Nishiwaki, a town in the middle of nowhere that translates quite literally as Western Armpit. As such I have not done any homework per se in quite some time. I did finish Kokoro though, thoroughly disliking most of it. There's way too much foreshadowing for a climax that is (not entirely) lacking profundity. Also, it just seems very structurally and thematically similar to Norwegian Wood, and having read that book so recently I am perhaps not in the mood to reread it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home